- Full time and permanent opportunities available
- Location: Somerton, VIC
- Application close date: Sunday, 24th March, 2019
ORIGIN – AUSTRALIA’S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we’re constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia’s leading integrated energy company.
This is a unique opportunity to join Origin's LPG Distribution team based in Somerton, VIC. As a Terminal Operator, you will be responsible for the filling of LPG cylinders, as well as the loading and unloading of trucks in accordance with the effective and safe operation of the Somerton LPG Terminal.
Working as part of a team environment, you will play an important role in Origin's LPG Distribution process while helping to maintain the consistent quality of service to our customers.
Reporting to the Somerton Terminal Manager, your key accountabilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Receive, Check, Load/Unload and Dispatch in accordance with company Operating Procedures, all LPG consigned to the Terminal
- Maintain a working stock of full, tested LPG Exchange and In-Situ Cylinders
- To deliver LPG cylinders to domestic and commercial customers by cylinder truck
- Carry out repairs and retests on LPG Cylinders and Bulk Vessels to ensure sufficient working stocks of these items are maintained
- Control and record the movements inwards and outwards of all LPG Cylinders and Bulk Tanks including regular stocktaking of LPG Product, Cylinders and Bulk Tanks
- Assist with undertaking and completing weekly and monthly checks and tests of the LPG Terminal, Fire Protection System, LPG Vehicles and complete appropriate Checklists in accordance with Origin Energy Operational Procedures
- Liaise with all Customers and Visitors to the Terminal and complete Customer transactions as necessary
- Assist in coordinating and undertaking regular and timely servicing, repair, testing and inspection of Terminal Equipment
- Perform or assist with, all clerical duties, as may be required to record or report on all activities as necessary to comply with company and statutory requirements
- Act in accordance with Origin Energy Ltd Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
Is This You?
To succeed in this role you will demonstrate the ability to maintain a calm and focused disposition during busy, noisy or emergency situations. You will possess strong written and verbal communication skills which will allow you to liaise with internal and external stakeholders effectively as well as perform any clerical duties as required. You will meet the physical requirements of the role which will include the repeated lifting of 25kg LPG cylinders up to shoulder height.
You will have several years’ experience in a factory, warehouse or other technical and/or operational environment. Current driver’s license (class ‘C’) and forklift license is mandatory for this position. HR truck driver’s license required, and a senior First Aid Certificate would be considered advantageous as would experience in the LP Gas or Fuel industry. Full training including on all safety aspects will be provided to the successful applicant.
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: